Call for Application: WCW 2021 – Women in Agribusiness South Africa
Please read the overview, application criteria and then fill in the application form below
The World Bank research finding that women’s entrepreneurship is increasing faster in Africa than anywhere else in the world but most of the businesses are micro-small businesses and seldom develop into larger profitable businesses.
Understanding the challenges and the untapped growth potential of women’s enterprises, the Graça Machel Trust with support from Virgin Unite began the Women Creating Wealth (WCW) Programme.
WCW is a Pan African women’s entrepreneurship accelerator programme with goal strengthen the skills and confidence of women entrepreneurs to overcome their challenges and growth barriers and graduate their business from income generation to wealth creation enterprises.
Women Creating Wealth is a Pan African entrepreneurship programme that has significantly grown the businesses and positively impacted the entrepreneurial behaviours, skill and confidence of women entrepreneurs.
To date, 400 high growth entrepreneurs have been selected and successfully graduated from the programme in Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia and South Africa.
- WCW worked magic on my confidence, my passion for excellence, persistence and taking calculating risks. I have increased the workforce/labour of the out-grower scheme from 300 to 1,250 registered farmers since I enrolled in the programme a year ago.
- What makes this program special is that it taught me to work on my business instead of working in the business. It allowed me space to check in with myself first as a driver and helped to look at my business in different views so that I can come up with strategies to grow.
- I have learnt how to control my emotions, understand my business and market better in E-commerce.
- Be inspired, connected and strengthen your confidence, knowledge and skills to scale your busines.
- Develop a knack for seeing and harnessing business opportunities.
- Develop strategies that attract markets, finance and talent to grow your business nationally, regionally and globally.
- Join the ‘Women Creating Wealth’ a Pan African network of businesswomen.
Application Criteria and costs
- Must be a registered woman-owned and run business that has been operating for at least 2 years in the Agribusiness sector.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a Matric qualification.
- An annual turnover of between R 120,000 – R 5 million in the year 2019.
- Time commitment to participate in the programme is 8 -10 hours a week over 16-weeks (March-June 2021).
- The commitment fee of R1 850 per business is mandatory upon acceptance and registration – this is invested towards post training support interventions.
DEADLINE: The closing date for this application is 15 February 2021 and the 16-week WCW programme is planned to begin on 1 March 2021.
To apply, complete the form below.
For application form related support, please contact us via email address email@example.com or text Tamara on +27(0)79 217 1231: