About Graça Machel Trust
Our Vision :
- Nurture caring societies that value social justice, promote and protect the rights of women and children.
- Amplify women’s movements, influence governance and promote women’s contributions and leadership in the economic, social and political development of Africa; and advocate for the protection of children’s rights and dignity.
The Trust Core Programmes:
1.Child Development & Protection
2.Women’s Economic and Social Advancement
Women’s Economic and Social Advancement:
Building A Women Movement To Drive Social And Economic Transformation
- Entrepreneurship Development: Strengthen entrepreneurial and leadership skills, confidence of mass of businesswomen and professionals to
- Leadership Development: Groom a critical mass of entrepreneurs and professional as leaders and champions to influence institutional, regulatory and policy reform in key sectors.
- Network Building: Build & strengthen women networks in key sectors including agriculture, finance, trade, media, technology, energy, extractives and infrastructure. and spark a movement of women who advocates for gender equality and removal of structural barriers.
- Facilitate partnerships: to support access to markets, finance and catalytic initiatives.
Women Creating Wealth (WCW)
WCW is a WESA flagship entrepreneurship accelerator that strengthen the skills and confidence of women entrepreneurs to overcome their growth barriers and graduate their business from income generation to wealth creation enterprises.